The Perth Catholic Archdiocese is committed to providing safe and secure environments for all its members, leaders, and especially its children, young people and vulnerable individuals. The Safeguarding Project is child-focused and informed by a fundamental belief that children have the right to physical and psychological safety at all times and we, the Catholic Archdiocese, must play our part in protecting all children and vulnerable individuals
The Attadale Parish supports this commitment. Mrs Bernadette Dell and Mrs Maree Passmore have taken on the role of Safeguarding Officers to ensure that our parish meets the Archdiocese of Perth’s safeguarding responsibilities in all aspects of service that they undertake.
1300 072 390
In addition to the safeguarding officers, the parish has a roster of chaperones who are present in the sacristy before and after Mass. Chaperones help ensure that there is more than one adult and there is a female presence in the sacristy while children are present. Altar servers, acolytes, priests and chaperones sign in at every Mass.
• support, advice and information on all matters of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the parish.
• first point of contact for children, vulnerable adults and other members of the parish community regarding suspicions of abuse and other safeguarding concerns
• respond to all safeguarding concerns in line with the Archdiocese’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures manual, reporting these concerns to the Safeguarding Project Coordinator and/or other authorities, as needed
• keep the Parish informed of all concerns, responses and activities relating to safeguarding children and other members of the parish community
• raise the profile of safeguarding in the parish, ensuring that it remains a high priority, and report on any issues or concerns with the implementation of the safeguarding policy and procedures
• assist with proactive measures within parishes to safeguard children
• ensure that all statutory requirements are met within parishes in respect
If you have any questions or issues you wish to raise in this regards please contact the parish priest, the Safeguarding Officers or the archdiocesan Safeguarding Office.
We, all of us, can and need to play a role in keeping children and the vulnerable safe.